Major Manitoba Business and Taxpayer Organizations Urge Premier Selinger to Reverse PST Hike
WINNIPEG, MB: Six business and taxpayer organizations released an open letter to Manitoba’s Premier today, calling on him to reverse the decision to raise the provincial sales tax.
The six signatory organizations to the letter include:
- Canadian Taxpayers Federation
- Canadian Federation of Independent Business
- Canadian Restaurant and Foodservices Association
- Mining Association of Manitoba Inc.
- Manitoba Restaurant & Foodservices Association
- Western Canadian Wheat Growers Association
In the letter, the organizations stressed their concerns with the impact of a PST increase on businesses and taxpayers. The groups noted they’re willing to sit with the government and continue highlighting constructive ideas on how to reduce spending rather than raise taxes. The organizations noted that somehow other provinces are getting by with lower tax rates.
To view the letter, click here.