CTF releases 2019 Alberta Taxpayer Naughty and Nice List
CALGARY, AB: The Canadian Taxpayers Federation released its Taxpayer Naughty and Nice List today, highlighting the good and the bad for Alberta taxpayers in 2019.
Politicians, government departments and union bosses made the list for either naughtily wasting taxpayer money or nicely thinking of taxpayers before they swiped the credit card.
“Sometimes politicians don’t quite understand the holiday spirit and choose to give to themselves at taxpayers’ expense,” said Franco Terrazzano, Alberta Director for the CTF. “Santa Claus asked us for some recommendations for his Naughty and Nice List, and of course we were happy to lend a helping hand.”
Click here to view the 2019 Taxpayer Naughty and Nice List.
Nice List Highlights:
- Premier Jason Kenney for scrapping the provincial carbon tax, fighting Ottawa’s carbon tax and reducing business taxes.
- NDP MLA Richard Feehan for having zero taxpayer expenses since the provincial election.
- Chestermere city council for lowering property taxes two years in a row.
Naughty List Highlights:
- Calgary councillor Jeff Davison for breaking his promise and gifting the Flames’ owners tax dollars for a new professional arena.
- Alberta Union of Provincial Employees’ bosses for pushing for a greedy eight per cent pay hike.
- Alberta Government Finance Department for including bracket creep in the 2019 Alberta budget.
You can view the entire 2019 Alberta Taxpayer Naughty and Nice List here.