To Prime Minister Justin Trudeau:
Canadians can’t afford all of the debt the federal government is racking up. There are many reasons we are worried about the debt:
- The debt has already passed $1 trillion
- Higher debt could mean higher taxes that Canadians can’t afford
- It’s unfair to force our children and grandchildren to pay for today’s overspending
- The debt interest costs are already more than $20 billion every year and climbing
- The government should be finding efficiencies and saving instead of borrowing more money
We, the undersigned, call on the federal government to stop its dive into debt.
Click here for a printable version.